[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
YO Gaming Community - View topic - L4D2 Demo - Your Thoughts

L4D2 Demo - Your Thoughts

Due to unforeseen circumstances this forum has been delayed 24 hours.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Moderator: YO Members

YO Clan Member

L4D2 Demo - Your Thoughts

Postby princess » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:52 am

My thoughts are currently: I wish I wasn't at work so I could play it.

YO Clan Member

Re: L4D2 Demo - Your Thoughts

Postby Obraxis » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:17 am

Muhahaha

I have been playing it :D

It is actually rather good, seems to be the game we expected last year...

Shame it cost us nearly twice as much in teh end, but still, seems they finally did a lot of stuff we've been asking for.

YO Clan Member

Postby Vlad » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:36 pm

played it for a couple of hours last night when it finally was released. Good fun, runs MUCH smoother than l4d ever has for me, anyone else finding that?

We did find that the top two difficulty settings have quiet a large gap though, we failed the hardest setting (extreme?) about 5 times before swapping to the next one down (advanced?) and finished it first attempt. :oops:

The defibrillator seems to last for ages, i found one about 2 minutes after someone died, ran back to his body and revived him.. (and then he stole my medkit i dropped to get the defib :evil: )

and that bloody charger! :o :(

YO Clan Member

Postby Obraxis » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:15 pm

Actually yeah, the engine runs a bit smoother and with more detail.

Overall, fairly impressed....but it makes me want to play infected! :D

Call me Ann

Postby snb » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:30 pm

i know i'm a fanboy and no one cares about my opinion but

BEST GAME EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Postby beat takeshi » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:49 pm

I quite enjoyed it. Frustratingly short and annoyed that I have to turn multi-core off.

I really hope that gets sorted with new drivers or the release version.

YO Clan Member

Postby Obraxis » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:06 pm

I also have to turn off Multicore rendering on the laptop, seems to make things slower? Very odd.

Still get 60+ fps tho on max.

YO Clan Member

Postby princess » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:09 pm

The multi-core thing doesn't seem to be an issue for me. I get a sound loop at the start of the game, usually freezes up for about 30 seconds then it's fine from then on - I get the exact same thing in L4D.

Other than that I'm enjoying it. Expert mode seems to be a challenge now. I don't like the Spitter (so rude!) and the goo is hardcore. Loving the flying zombie limbs when you pipe bomb them.

Can't wait for the full game.

YO Clan Member

Postby MrYiff » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:25 pm

Not noticed any issues with multi core here either.

So far played the demo a couple of times, im liking how you can shoot a hole right through a zombie and then peer through the hole, now if only there was a /wave emote. Nothing more fun than shooting a hole in a zombie and then waving at your teammates through the hole :D

Location: London, UK (about 30 mins from AFI and about 20 mins from XENO OH NOES)

Postby h2o » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:50 pm

would love to be a le to comment but havnt been able to play it yet, every time i load the game it crrashes to desktop as the 4 chars turn up on screen and am about to start playing. not happy :(
ImageImage

Return to Left 4 Dead