Left 4 Dead 2

Due to unforeseen circumstances this forum has been delayed 24 hours.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Moderator: YO Members

Obraxis
YO Clan Member

Re: Left 4 Dead 2

Post by Obraxis » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:37 am

Headshots only would be cool. :) Sounds more fun!

snb
Call me Ann

Post by snb » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:12 pm

princess
YO Clan Member

Post by princess » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:34 pm

Realism mode sounds okay... does it do anything other than just remove the glow?

Oh yeh, would help if I carried on reading about it!

"Realism Mode also affects damage, so chest shots on the infected are not as effective, and players need to make head shots."

Image I'm a twit

snb
Call me Ann

Post by snb » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:17 am

and like 7 witches per map!

MrYiff
YO Clan Member

Post by MrYiff » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:58 pm

"Realism mode isn't just making Expert harder. We have our four skill levels again, and you can play Realism mode with any of them.

"We find that people play with the same people a lot… And those teams don't necessarily want to play Expert or Hard, they want to be challenged as a team."

Faliszek outlined the Realism mode at the Expo, designed to take closely knit player-groups to the limit.

"It's real easy to say, ‘Let's make the creatures harder for you to kill and you easier to kill.' It's less interesting," he added.

"With this, we remove the glows, we make events like the Witch more important now, because if the Witch hits you once, she kills you. And you die. You don't come back.

"There's no safe closets. You can use the defib to get back, but your team has to do that for you."

"Way back in development of Left 4 dead 1 we didn't have glows for a while, and it was really frustrating and hard," Faliszek said.

"The first time you turn around, and you run off by yourself and you're going to get something out of this building, and you turn and go, ‘I've got the pipe bomb! Oh, man, where is everybody?' And you have no idea. It's a really different experience.

"Realism mode is really about pushing the skill of the team."
From http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/eg-expo ... -2-q-and-a