[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
YO Gaming Community - View topic - Left 4 Dead 2

Left 4 Dead 2

Due to unforeseen circumstances this forum has been delayed 24 hours.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Moderator: YO Members

YO Clan Member

Re: Left 4 Dead 2

Postby Fluffy Kitten » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:19 pm

Very rarely does the opportunity arise to say this sentence, so I'm going to take it while it's available...

I agree with Hitler.

YO Clan Member

Postby Fluffy Kitten » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:19 pm

Awesome, that post started a new page so I now look like a racist due to lack of context.

Postby CheesyPeteza » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:08 pm

I couldn't stop laughing to this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koM4wyfC ... re=related

Oh emailed chet btw as I was bored.
CP

YO Clan Member

Postby princess » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:27 pm

:lol:

Resident YO Forum Troll

Postby MaD SrsH » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:50 pm

YO Clan Member

Postby Obraxis » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:39 pm

I guess I'm just looking more and more forward to NS2 now.

I joined the L4D2 Boycott Steam group. As much as I want a fixed L4D, I'm not willing to pay for it again.

Postby Uniikki » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:04 pm

Mmh, go Hitler! I agree with the general sentiment here. Honestly, they _really_ should have had the 4 campaings at the launch. Didn't they even say (in the dev commentary) that the versus mode was the original playmode? Might have been just me hallucinating.

What they've announced just doesn't seem worth it. L4D is a fun game most often, but it has some fundamental problems. Or rather I have with it. I guess the biggest issue is the lack of infected progress. The little there is, is often invalidated with medpacks. Given that there are still plenty of techincal issues, who's to say L4D2 will be any different? I certainly don't believe it will.

While good new maps are always nice, the SDK is probably more important in that respect. 3 new enemies and the mêlée weapons. Doesn't exactly sound like 50€ to me. And what with NS2 on the way, I can't really see myself buying L4D2 until it's dirt cheap and is a finished game.

Call me Ann

Postby snb » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:25 am

:mrt:

YO Clan Member

Postby Obraxis » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:27 pm

I'm not paying £30 more to shoot clowns with a fat black man.

Still pissed at Valve.

Call me Ann

Postby snb » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:51 am

QQ

NS Dev

Postby puzl » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:38 pm

Have they figured out a way to make the game less boring?

YO Clan Member

Postby Vlad » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:53 pm

yeah, they've added clowns

YO Clan Member

Postby Obraxis » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:31 pm

GAYLORD OF YO

Postby Rebellion » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:05 pm

... is that an SMG with a silencer?

Resident YO Forum Troll

Postby MaD SrsH » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:19 am

And MacGyvered flash light :P

Call me Ann

Postby snb » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:38 pm

Pre-order started.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/550/

20.25 each if you do 4-pack.

Am so in.

YO Clan Member

Postby Fluffy Kitten » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:06 pm

£20 isn't bad, considering L4D was something like £35. I'd probably be in for that once I have a bit more money kicking around.

Snb - Last I heard, L4D2 has been banned in Australia... what the hell chance does Germany have ?

Call me Ann

Postby snb » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:51 pm

Censored version is 18+. It doesn't matter though if a UKer gifts me (which also has the rather nice side effect of me saving literally 50%).

YO Clan Member

Postby princess » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:21 pm

Call me Ann

Postby snb » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:18 am

Call me Ann

Postby snb » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:11 am

YO Clan Member

Postby princess » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:33 am

Cheese? Petril?

TANK

YO Clan Member

Postby Fluffy Kitten » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:19 am

Perhaps only Jeff and Obraxis will get this... but...

THAT'S BEES !

I mean, it's fuel and zombies rather than energy and robots, but it's still bees !

If the petrol tanks start leaking as soon as you pick them up, I think we should sue. :)

YO Clan Member

Postby Obraxis » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:04 am

Agreed. We should sue Valve.

YO Clan Member

Postby Fluffy Kitten » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:18 am

'But, as we wrap up our playtime, David Ellis notices a mysterious option in the menu as we wait for a new match to start: "Realism mode." I ask Faliszek, and he coyly comments, "that's a special modifier that we forgot to hide for this demo." We then ask Valve VP of Marketing Doug Lombardi, and he quips that it's something for the super hardcore player, and slightly elaborates, "Take Portal for example: We had our best internal players who could blow through that game in about 30 minutes, but within weeks of launching it we had people on YouTube beating [the testers'] times by 10 minutes or more. Realism is for those players."'

Or maybe not, since they're finally making things for our level now... I expect this will just be something like "headshots only" and no hud, like that mod for L4D1, but it'll be something to play with.

PreviousNext

Return to Left 4 Dead