[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
YO Gaming Community - View topic - why l4d isnt gonna make it

why l4d isnt gonna make it

Due to unforeseen circumstances this forum has been delayed 24 hours.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Moderator: YO Members

why l4d isnt gonna make it

Postby Yeti » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:33 pm

so I just joined the yo server, on a versus game, and for once, the ppl on the server actually understand english, and yet after 30 sec from the begining of the game I hear "wait, who is this guy?", that was after I went out in no mercy's 3rd level to the right, to the stair case, instead of left, and said on voicecomm "lets go".
im pretty sure its not what I've said, cause you can barely hear me on voice any ways for some reason, but I got a vote kick against me, so two ppl already pressed yes, and the third goes "wait, why are we kicking him?"

So we continued playing, the other guy left, and those two kept talking, francis's char got replaced by a bot, and these guys start screaming at him, "come on francis you idiot!", "where are you going francis?", and kept talking to him, not about him, to him...

So I pointed out he was a bot, and they replied with "yes, we know"...

50% of the l4d games I join I get kicked of cause friends just want to play together, or because I actually want to get somewhere in the game instead of just sitting in the safe room waiting for the massayah.

L4D is an awesome game, its not NS but its fun, but instead of getting the 10-20% retards, u get about 70%, and since its that easy to kick ppl, as much as I love this game, I dont see myself playing it with any one but YO.

YO Clan Member

Re: why l4d isnt gonna make it

Postby SMudgeh » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:41 pm

I never play public games, always organised with friends. Sadly it's how online gaming is in the majority of games now tbh.

YO Clan Member

Postby princess » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:53 pm

I don't think I've ever played L4d with random people, that just doesn't appeal. With only 3 (or 7) others to play with, I want them to be people who I know will attempt to listen and use teamwork. Plus it's always more fun playing with people you know :)

To me, L4D doesn't seem like the kind of game you can go and play with a bunch of randomers, like CS or even NS.

Maybe the fun will wear out at some point but for now it's keeping me perfectly happy :)

Postby White Kite Fauna » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:43 pm

the random ppl are by definition random - you meat great guys or the not so. so you get kicked once in a while - what do you expect from frenchies? :roll: :mrt:

Postby Yeti » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:18 am

Well, I guess you're right, non YO ns did have a lot of dodgy "random" ppl. I kinda forgot I used to play only on YO.....
What happened to ppl....

Is there a possibility to turn votekick off and put a 90/120 sec afk kick timer? and maybe tk punish, incase some one goes into rampage.

Postby White Kite Fauna » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:17 am

I take my words back, i was really disappointed with my random server gaming experience yesterday. the most annoying is uneven teams 4 vs 2 in versus is just enraging.
and of course the connection problems. the valve's preffered way of connecting just plainly sucks.

GAYLORD OF YO

Postby Rebellion » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:39 pm

Just don't do public, they are and will always be horrible thanks to the large amount of pure idiots who manage to find the on-switch on their PC.

So just stick with the YO L4D group, if there's not enough people on to get a game going when you want to, go play something else.

:canon:

Postby Yeti » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:44 pm

but... ns is dead :cry:

GAYLORD OF YO

Postby Rebellion » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:32 pm

Go flog the dead natural selection

Postby Yeti » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:15 pm

Resident YO Forum Troll

Postby MaD SrsH » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:34 pm

It's a gay thing, don't bother Yeti.

I, on the other hand, love to play public matches! It is a rare opportunity to meet new people from different exciting cultures and try to explain em in half broken German why they are so bloody ignorant for not following you and how they lost WW2.

Postby CD. » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:09 am

So your saying its too reliant on teamwork?

Perhaps they need to introduce co_ maps!

=FaW= CD.

NS Dev

Postby puzl » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:43 pm

CD. 1 - Yeti 0

:D

Postby Yeti » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:38 am

co didnt save ns :(

NS Dev

Postby puzl » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:17 pm