[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
YO Gaming Community - View topic - What Would You Change ?

What Would You Change ?

Due to unforeseen circumstances this forum has been delayed 24 hours.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Moderator: YO Members

YO Clan Member

What Would You Change ?

Postby Fluffy Kitten » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:40 am

Just throw ideas out with little or no regard for balance issues... see what we can come up with.

- When incapacitated, you should be able to use your grenade, but doing so makes you unrevivable and kills you.
If the game is supposed to be pretending to be a film, it blatantly needs heroic "GO ON WITHOUT ME, I'LL HOLD THEM OFF" moments where someone who is clearly done for smashes a molotov on the ground next to them or holds up a beeping grenade to draw the hoard away from the other 3.

- Only 4 medkits in versus mode.
It is almost pointless to do anything as an infected in versus, as barring some fluke of circumstance you're only going to do a handful of points of damage at a time, and even if you spend life after life hammering the same survivor and getting them low, all your hard work is undone with 5 seconds of medpacking. You shouldn't be healing 20 points of damage simply because your team has so many medkits it's a waste not to.

- Similarly, infected should do a bit more damage.
It is very demoralising to get a devastating hit in on someone, pinning them to the ground for ages only to get shot away, check your console and see you did 10 damage. You shouldn't be able to incapacitate someone with one hit, but if they rambo and you pick them off, they should feel the pain. Playing as Survivors should actually be about surviving, not maxing out your end of level health bonus.

- Autoshotgun needs nerfing.
It is pointless to carry anything else in versus mode. :(

- Melee should become less effective the more crowded you are.
Four people hiding in a cupboard would have no room to swing their guns, nor would someone surrounded on all sides by zombies. It's far too strong, especially in versus mode as it counters everything. Hunter pounce, smoker tongue and boomer are all easily countered with melee attacks.

- You should be able to disengage yourself from an attack when you're a hunter or smoker.

- Smoker needs a buff.
You can't really do anything against a good team as your target will get melee'd before they're dragged any distance, the dragging takes ages and does no damage, and the cooldown on the tongue attack is so long it would probably be quicker to die and respawn.

- Molotovs on tanks should do damage over time, not start an off-screen 30 second death timer.

- Absolutely no spawning a tank pre-molotov for one versus team, and post-molotov for the second one.

- You should get points based on your play as infected as well as survivor... some points and modifiers would perhaps help counter the randomness of the director and make huge point victories less dependent on "tank spawns in huge open area with molotovs" vs "tank spawns outside the saferoom at the start".

- Some sort of "Rematch" button or vote at the end of a game so once you've found a server that isn't being hosted on one of those "one laptop per child" machines in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, you can stay there and keep playing.

That'll do me... now you go.

NS Dev

Re: What Would You Change ?

Postby puzl » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:25 am

My major gripes with the game are:

1: No melee weapon. A zombie game without crowbars and baseballs and zombie brains splatter on your face with said bludgeoning implements? Say it ain't so!

2: Infinite Pistol Ammo is a joke. You should be forced to sneak by groups of docile zombies in order to conserve ammo and then you should fallback to the melee head bludgeoning when your ammo runs out.

3: No fear of getting lost. The overlay of your team members on the HUD is terrible. Absolutely terrible! Shockingly bad decision IMO. When you fall behind it should start to feel like time to panic or else.

Postby CheesyPeteza » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:44 pm

The server thing really annoys me. I either choose a random server or join a friends game. I would like to be able to pick a proper server with a decent ping. One I recognise, but it's just pot luck. Seems like it was designed for xbox players.

After a bit of playing I have to agree tank is pretty easy to kill, he needs to be toughened up.

The infected in versus need more ability to move and interact, rather than just what is almost click a button to set off a scripted event.

Having said that the survivors would need to be beefed up. When the infected all attack at the same time, it's very hard for the survivors.
CP

YO Clan Member

Postby SMudgeh » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:13 pm

YO Clan Member

Postby Fluffy Kitten » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:45 pm

I have a new one...

There should be a text entry box in the lobby for the lobby leader to put the search key in, rather than having to do it via console.

YO Clan Member

Postby Fluffy Kitten » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:27 am

- Tanks running forward should be faster than a survivor running backwards. And / or his punch should have a bit more reach to it.

- Ghosty spawn mode should have a faster movespeed, as in enclosed areas the survivors can run almost as fast as you, making it hard to get in an ambushing position before they're already there, blocking you from spawning with their proximity.

- Voice (Grunting ?) radial menu for infected please.

YO Clan Member

Postby Fluffy Kitten » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:28 am

Oh yeah, and RELEASE THE BLOODY SDK ALREADY ! :(

Postby CheesyPeteza » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:02 pm

We should pick the ones we want the most, write it on a list, print it out and send it with a box of chocolates to Valve and ask them to return the christmas gift by adding our most wanted features to L4D. I'll contribute.
CP

YO Clan Member

Postby Fluffy Kitten » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:09 pm

Would there be laws involved with import / export of chocolate to America ?

It could be terrorist chocolate.

Postby BaRT » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:34 pm

Total strangers need love, too; and I'm stranger than most.

Postby illusion » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:33 am

I think it would be a nice touch if the bloodspray that errupts from a group of zombies humping a pipebomb like marines do the armoury, would actually spray the surrounding enviroment.

Some army of darkness quotes wouldn't hurt, like maybe being able to startle the witch with a "Yo, shebitch, let's go" taunt.. or maybe thats just me..

I also think the whole lobby/server system is very unfriendly and odd..

I also wish the Boomer had a self-detonate button.
"I Like Mankind, It's People I Can't Stand."

Postby illusion » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:52 am

Not really a change so much as an addition, but I had this dream .. (Yes I dreamt about left 4 dead .. ;/):

In my dream, there were two new zombies only one of which I can imagine being fun, now that I am awake.

One of them was called a 'slimer' and it was basically a nearly silent mass of rotten/decomposed corpses, wrapped around gooey/slimy body that would do the moving. I would really slow but could sit in the ceiling and wait for survivors to walk under it and fall on them. Or perhaps behind doors and so on.. anyway its less exciting to think about now that I am no longer asleep.

Apparently my dream was centered around sounds in the game because the second zombie that appeared in my dream, was anything but silent. I think "we" referred to it as a 'deceiver', and it was basically a mix of the three already existing special zombies, in that it could imitate their sounds and to some extend also their abilities..

I like the idea that part of being better at the game is to recognize the distinctive sounds the zombies make, and a zombie that took advantage of that, would be interesting I think, both in campaign and versus mode..

Postby viper » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:15 pm

Call me Ann

Postby snb » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:12 pm

Postby illusion » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:17 am

You're just angry because I got Toothy's medpack and you didn't.

Postby White Kite Fauna » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:58 am

what's wrong with autoshotguns? they seemd pretty good weapons in demo

YO Clan Member

Postby Obraxis » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:26 pm

They're overpowered. Noobs run riot and can kill a tank in a few seconds - much less fun.

Return to Left 4 Dead