[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
YO Gaming Community - View topic - Anyone played as Tank yet?

Anyone played as Tank yet?

Due to unforeseen circumstances this forum has been delayed 24 hours.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Moderator: YO Members

YO Clan Member

Anyone played as Tank yet?

Postby SMudgeh » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:54 am

I'm frustratingly sat at work wanting to go home and play!

Anyone had a go as Tank yet? If so, what's it like?

YO Clan Member

Re: Anyone played as Tank yet?

Postby Obraxis » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:11 am

I wont be able to play properly till tomorrow night :( I have a deadline. :ggmrcoffee: :snm:

YO Clan Member

Postby princess » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:16 am

Nope, but I'm definitely interested in playing as infected, although now I have to wait for the game to be released on friday!

YO Clan Member

Postby Fluffy Kitten » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:39 am

I did when you could break the demo... it was kind of like playing as onos. Hunter was like a 1.04-era skulk when you could kill people with leap, Boomer was like a xeno skulk, and Smoker was like a TF2 sniper. All the abilities had horrible cooldowns on them, and all except the Tank felt like they were made of paper up against the survivors. It was a bit like you had 1 shot at using your ability, and if you missed you died. :(

They might be different in the full version though.

Postby White Kite Fauna » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:42 pm

Postby CheesyPeteza » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:37 pm

CP

YO Clan Member

Postby Vlad » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:43 pm

I've got to wait until Friday too because I bough the retail version (and paid £13 less than you steam folks! :P )

YO Clan Member

Postby SMudgeh » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:05 pm

Postby CheesyPeteza » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:28 pm

Oh yeah so it is. I paid £35.22 once converted, but play.com have it for £22.99. Ah well at least I get it now. Buying hl2 from the shop put me off ever doing it again as I had to keep the frikkin cd in everytime I wanted to play it, plus the spyware crap it installed made it keep freezing. About a month after release valve eventually backed down and removed it.

5 minutes to go then 20 minutes walk home, then 10 minutes decrypting? Not long now. Pizza delivery tonight. :) If only I will have time to go to the door.
CP

Postby White Kite Fauna » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:40 pm

Postby CheesyPeteza » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:20 pm

It was the CD protection the publisher Vivendi? put on the CD, I forget what it was called. It ran in the background while you played the game. There was NO-CD fixes you could download, but everytime steam/hl2 updated you needed a new version which were slow to come out. Also there was the fear you might get banned for using them.

I emailed Valve complaining as it was completely pointless having to have the CD in the drive, you have to have a valid CD Key to play on steam anyway! I guess Valve were a bit reluctant to remove it as it might have upset Vivendi. But they quietly removed it as part of a HL2 Update.

I don't know what the current situation is now, maybe it has all changed. I don't know.

Hurry up and decrypt!!!!
CP

YO Clan Member

Postby SMudgeh » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:18 am

Last level on the rooftop..... oh.... my.... god.... :D:D:D

YO Clan Member

Postby Obraxis » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:55 am

Postby CheesyPeteza » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:22 am

Yeah I really like the roof top one. Tank is pretty tuff, but not very good at climbing, his AI keeps kicking in to make him go back down and find something to throw at you, then start climbing again.

I love the way when you hear Tank everyone goes oh shit. That's the way it shoudl be. :)
CP

YO Clan Member

Postby princess » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:18 am

*jealous* :x

Call me Ann

Postby snb » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:34 am

YO Clan Member

Postby Obraxis » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:28 am

You really do like to resurrect old threads. :/