Moderator: YO Members

puzl
NS Dev

Post by puzl » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:04 pm

wouldn't the bots have posted?

LaYkE
Computer Ninja

Post by LaYkE » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:29 am

Then their lurkers WKF, lurkers do not need a forum account.

Har, our anti-spam mod blocks bots from activating their account but they can still attempt to sign up. They just leave a load of unactivated accounts which can also be deleted quite handy. Basically the plugin has a big red sign saying that you must not enter any information other then the usual email and username. Most bots will try to add websites to their profile whioch is where the plugin kicks in and stops the activation mail being sent.

romper

Post by romper » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:24 am

LaYkE wrote:Then their lurkers WKF, lurkers do not need a forum account.

Har, our anti-spam mod blocks bots from activating their account but they can still attempt to sign up. They just leave a load of unactivated accounts which can also be deleted quite handy. Basically the plugin has a big red sign saying that you must not enter any information other then the usual email and username. Most bots will try to add websites to their profile whioch is where the plugin kicks in and stops the activation mail being sent.
*cough* could you make that big red sign a bit BIGGER, as I missed several times when trying to register *cough* <<<< Numpty :)
www.jarhedz.com - Gamers at Heart

N1KE
Britney Spears Fan

Post by N1KE » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:30 am

i have forum accounts on places i lurk at, helps me see what i have/haven't read

LaYkE
Computer Ninja

Post by LaYkE » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:39 pm

romper wrote:cough* could you make that big red sign a bit BIGGER, as I missed several times when trying to register *cough* <<<< Numpty :)
Romps, although I don't doubt your excelent attention to detail there are those certain people out there who will somehow miss it. Besides blame the numpty who made it, I just added it :)

N1ke. Perhaps it better if I just delete the unactivaded accounts rather then those with 0 posts.

Shockwave

Post by Shockwave » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:17 pm

puzl wrote:Most of them are in China, and only say "YOU WANT BUY GLOD?"
Fixed.
[ Image | jarHedz | Steam | XFire | last.fm ]