The Secret World ?

A forum for other games that people may have a passing interest in, e.g. Dystopia, BF2 or anything else that might take our fancy from time to time.

Moderator: YO Members

The Secret World ?

Postby Paul-Hewson » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:56 pm

Anyone here tried The Secret World ?

Used to be a classic MMO subscriptions fees but interesting game for MMO (real puzzle in a MMO ???), but saw today on Steam it's become like classic game. Pay once & play free after.
I've heard the game is composed of interesting quest/puzzle (at least better than any MMORPG game already released), with less crazy kids on it because of that.

If for once the background and history of the quest and world was more than "kill everymonster, grab X items & come back to me" that could be it for me.
Princess' Knight, BattleSheep, PomPomGorgePrincess'

YO Clan Member

Re: The Secret World ?

Postby Thorondor123 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:46 pm

Seems quite interesting. Very Lovecraftian from what I've seen.

Postby Zulaji » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:32 am

I played it for like 2 minths, it was fun but no end game content. But now there are few raids i think. Right now i am dowloading patch and on the weekend i will try it again.
"The Emperor wants to control outer space, Yoda wants to explore inner space; that's the fundamental difference between the good and bad sides of the Force"

Moff- Human Traffic 1999

Postby Mr Banks » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:20 am

The overall feel and polish isn't top notch, but there's some awesome questing and the game doesn't hold your hand all the way which is nice. Can't faceroll through everything. Haven't done any end game content which they are getting out in patches. Getting groups for the earlier instances can be hard when most people are past them.
That which does not kill you, hurts like hell.

YO Clan Member

Postby georonin » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:26 am

No w its gone B2P I might be giving it a go, I have heard its rather boring skill wise though, very basic predictable rotations for all setups.
GeoRonin

Return to Other Games