DOTA

A forum for other games that people may have a passing interest in, e.g. Dystopia, BF2 or anything else that might take our fancy from time to time.

Moderator: YO Members

CheesyPeteza

DOTA

Post by CheesyPeteza » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:46 am

I went to buy this game and Steam said are you sure you want two copies, so turned out I already had it!??

Anyway while downloading I read a review and it says you get crucified by other people if you are a noob. When I open the game there is no tutorials.

Haven't played it yet. Should I bother? If so how do you learn to play without playing and getting told off?
CP

Obraxis
YO Clan Member

Re: DOTA

Post by Obraxis » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:52 am

CheesyPeteza wrote:I went to buy this game and Steam said are you sure you want two copies, so turned out I already had it!??

Anyway while downloading I read a review and it says you get crucified by other people if you are a noob. When I open the game there is no tutorials.

Haven't played it yet. Should I bother? If so how do you learn to play without playing and getting told off?
Dota2 is a hardcore game. There are newbie servers but honestly, you're best downloading for FREE 'League of Legends' which has a GREAT tutorial system, then when ur comfortable then switch to Dota. They're pretty much the same game.

CheesyPeteza

Post by CheesyPeteza » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:56 am

Oh right. I played League of Legends in beta before it was released. I don't really remember it too well which means I mustn't have gotten into it.

Not sure this is my type of game...
CP

Zulaji

Post by Zulaji » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:41 am

I have few beta invites, so if anyone want to try it ....
"The Emperor wants to control outer space, Yoda wants to explore inner space; that's the fundamental difference between the good and bad sides of the Force"

Moff- Human Traffic 1999

AirHorse
YO Clan Member

Post by AirHorse » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:20 am

DOTA 2 is years too late, heroes of newerth is dota 2. Dota 2 is doing the exact same thing, except with even less updates from the original wc3 map. If it didnt have the name, it would be dead.

snb
Call me Ann

Post by snb » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:16 am

Give me all your Dota 2 gifts! :evil: