Heroes of Newerth

A forum for other games that people may have a passing interest in, e.g. Dystopia, BF2 or anything else that might take our fancy from time to time.

Moderator: YO Members

Fluffy Kitten
YO Clan Member

Heroes of Newerth

Post by Fluffy Kitten » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:06 am

...is having a weekend sale and costs a mere $10.

http://www.heroesofnewerth.com

A few of us play this and sometimes wish we don't, so if you want to spend your evenings having this kind of fun with us, now's the time.

Both the game and the community are super unfriendly to new players, but as 2.7 and Obraxis have just joined our little cult we can probably get some less-extreme nice-people-only games in of 'new players vs. new players' to ease you in before you go out into the wilds of matchmaking.

This guide has some good info in it, but there's no substitute for cold, hard experience.

If anyone signs up, using a referral link from whoever your favourite HoN player is will give them some imaginary gold coins to spend in an imaginary shop on imaginary in-game hats. Here is mine, but others can get theirs from this link and post them in the thread : http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/referral.php

In closing :
OMG UNINSTALL NOW. BANLISTED NOOB.

Fluffy Kitten
YO Clan Member

Re: Heroes of Newerth

Post by Fluffy Kitten » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:54 am

Also, when you start you'll have people telling you who to pick, and then there'll be a giant wall of infinite hero images and mere seconds to find the one you want.

Here's the character select screen with some easy, new-player-friendly heroes circled and named.

Also there are X's over Behemoth and Chronos because if you don't know what you're doing (and often even if you do) you can totally screw over your own team with their abilities. Scout and Nighthound are also X'd because they just sit about invisible all day doing nothing and everyone will get angry at you if you pick them.

AirHorse
YO Clan Member

Post by AirHorse » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:52 pm

I started playing again due to obraxis' suggestion of folk getting into it, so I should probaly like add you or something like that. Also dont forget to let the noobs know that all they should be spending their gold on is wards so the pros can get on with buying real stuff.

N1KE
Britney Spears Fan

Post by N1KE » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:05 pm

I want the fighting panda, above the M of pyromancer

princess
YO Clan Member

Post by princess » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:40 pm

Damn, wouldve bought it if I'd seen this thread in time. It's gone back up to $30.

Image I'm a twit