[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
YO Gaming Community - View topic - Civ 5

Civ 5

A forum for other games that people may have a passing interest in, e.g. Dystopia, BF2 or anything else that might take our fancy from time to time.

Moderator: YO Members

YO Clan Member

Civ 5

Postby princess » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:15 pm

It's great :D

Would anyone be interested in organising an online game? We could arrange a time-slot and save it to come back to later (as the game can be very long) or play on one of the quicker modes.

YO Clan Member

Re: Civ 5

Postby AirHorse » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:55 pm

Im up for giving it a shot, game seems like it will be more fun in multiplayer than civ 4 was :)

YO Clan Member

Postby georonin » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:12 pm

Sounds good, id be in..
GeoRonin

YO Clan Member

Postby MrYiff » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:04 pm

im up for it too, but i suck at civ at the best of times :D

YO Clan Member

Postby Flamez » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:33 pm

I figure we try to arrange a game on Sat 2nd October. Turn up if you can!

we can say... 6pm? 6:30? that gives 1hr 30mins of game time and if we want to move over to l4d2 we can?

I'll maybe try to arrange it in the YO-clan community chat room. feel free to have some input in the starting times.

NS Dev

Postby puzl » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:43 pm

What do you lot think of civ5? I initially loved it.. but now I'm starting to think it is a big step backwards. I don't miss religion, but the city states are very poorly thought out... the maritime bonus is essential, and getting it is so random.. if you spawn near one and shepherd barbarians until asked to kill them you can cheaply get 1 free food in every tile in every city... and just swarm over the map through superior numbers then... and don't even get me talking about the A.I...

I've gone back to SC2 for now.. maybe I'll look at it again after the next content patch.

YO Clan Member

Postby MrYiff » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:19 pm

The AI is pretty terrible IMO, it really doesn't seem to know wtf its doing half the time.

I actually kinda miss religion, nothing quite like starting up a good old holy war :D

Culture in Civ5 is a bit rubbish in its current form, to get it in any decent amount you have to limit you number of cities to a small handful, spam out wonders to get boosts and you still have to farm cultural city-states to get a decent amount. All the while pretty much gimping your development in areas like science and gold (unless you get lucky and start near a load of gold sites).

I do however like the fact that any unit can now travel over water without needing navel transports, although it would still be useful to have the as an option for when you want to provide some decent defense for them while in transport.

Im not too sure how I like the removal of stacking so far, while its nice not to worry about the stacks of doom from civ4 it does suck a bit that if get tech up fast you can pretty much wtfpwn anyone with a handful of units.

NS Dev

Postby puzl » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:55 pm

I actually think the changes to stacking are great.

YO Clan Member

Postby MrYiff » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:40 pm

I think if they can improve the AI it will fix a lot of the gripes I have with Civ5 atm, but I suppose with civ4 the AI didn't need to be that good as it could just stack up and throw loads of units at you, but now with civ5 it cant stack and with production taking a lot longer there is a more thought required to decide what to build and how to manage units.

Creator of the TEF pose

Postby [*TEF*]42 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:05 am

So.. what's peoples impression of it now?

Have any of the patches made a difference to your view of the game?

GAYLORD OF YO

Postby Rebellion » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:04 pm

Did they fix the multiplayer yet?

YO Clan Member

Postby MrYiff » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:51 pm

Return to Other Games