[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
YO Gaming Community - View topic - Your most anticipated game(s)

Your most anticipated game(s)

A forum for other games that people may have a passing interest in, e.g. Dystopia, BF2 or anything else that might take our fancy from time to time.

Moderator: YO Members

Your most anticipated game(s)

Postby duuk74 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:54 pm

I thought it would be fun to have a thread where people listed the games they were keeping an eye on. Perhaps with a short description and a link to the game page

Being an rpg/strategy sucker, my list goes like this:

Arcania: A Gothic Tale http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/gothic4/index.html

I never tried any of the previous Gothic games, but i've heard good things about them.
It's not a game i'm totally stoked about, but it shows promise, and i will keep an eye out for it.

Next up is Battlefield Heroes http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/battl ... al-movie-2
This free to play TF2 look-alike multiplayer shooter looks like it could be lots of fun

Blood Bowl http://www.gamespot.com/pc/sports/blood ... ler-1?hd=1

This is one of the games im looking forward to the most. A turnbased (or real time if you wish) hybrid of sports, manager and strategy. I've made a much more detailed thread about it elsewhere on this forum.

Dragon Age: Origins http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/dragonage/index.html

Another one of my "most anticipated" games. This RPG should be the spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series. I really have high expectations for this game, after the good (but not great) Neverwinter Nights games.

Elemental: War Of Magic http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/ele ... index.html

From what i gather this will be a bit like the Total War games, only in fantasy settings.

Disciples III http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/dis ... index.html

A fantasy turn based game, a bit like HOMM. I tried one of the earlier Disciples games, but i found it lacking. Perhaps this one will add some complexity to the combat.

Majesty 2 http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/maj ... al-trailer

Majesty was an unique fantasy rts/sim that gained a cult following. The game felt almost like a fantasy kingdom simulator, in that you didn't have absolute control over you units. You would have to motivate your heroes into doing the desired tasks.
For example you'd have to place bounties on monsters, in order for your heroes to hunt them down. Majesty was loads of fun, and Majesty 2 looks like it will follow that same formula.

Dungeon Hero http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/dungeonh ... vie-1?hd=1
I don't care much about the Gamecock antics (Gamecock LOL!), but Dungeon Hero looks interesting.
The premise of the game is to make "realistic" dungeons and depict the daily lives of the monsters dwelling in them.

From the game page:

If you stroll into any old video game dungeon these days, odds are you will find a clutch of monsters lurking around a treasure chest, spoiling for a fight. When it started in on its new action game Dungeon Hero, developer Firefly Studios wondered, "Why are they there?" To answer that question, it's creating a gameworld that features a fleshed-out society where merchant, soldier, and vagrant goblins go about their daily business instead of merely loitering about

That's it for me. Now you

Re: Your most anticipated game(s)

Postby White Kite Fauna » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:39 pm

i am waiting for the

YO Clan Member

Postby Fluffy Kitten » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:18 am

Empire Total War... I'll buy it, play it, lose several days, then have to ban myself from playing it again for my own good.

YO Clan Member

Postby scotteh » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:40 pm

Dawn of War 2
rageaholic

GAYLORD OF YO

Postby Rebellion » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:19 pm

Terranigma Remake
and Chrono Trigger DS!
Also Dragon Age is something I'm HOPING will be good, but to be honest Bioware's quality has dropped a bit in my opinion, so I'm not going to get too giddy about it

and of course, Dungeon Keeper 3!
If they ever decide to make it that is..
Who holds the IP for it anyway?

Britney Spears Fan

Postby N1KE » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:35 pm

duke nukem forever.

Return to Other Games