[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
YO Gaming Community - View topic - Wipeout HD

Wipeout HD

A forum for other games that people may have a passing interest in, e.g. Dystopia, BF2 or anything else that might take our fancy from time to time.

Moderator: YO Members

NS Dev

Wipeout HD

Postby puzl » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:46 am

Feeling the after effects of a long session of retina burn-in of one of the most satisfying racing experiences I've ever played. The game just flows so fluidly and the handling of the various teams feels natural and different. The manic mash-ups leave you breathless as you race into an "oh-shit" moment and come out the other side one or two places up. This is the shit guys. This is nostalgia in crack form. The game blew me away in PAL when I first saw it all those years ago, and Wipeout HD delivers everything they promised. 1080p@60FPS with an art style that has been tuned for over decade. Studio Liverpool ( AKA Psygnosis ) turtured us with almost a year of delays and I (not-so) patiently waited for this game to arrive.

I've played through pulse and thought it was the best wipeout to-date, even though it was only on PSP. The really excellent handling in pulse has been evolved to suit the sixaxis and this is the first game in which I think it will be an advantage to use sixaxis motion control. I've gone for analogue steering and I use the motion control to manage the trim of my craft, which is great when doing a jump as you can level your craft up without having to push your analogue stick forward.

The detail in the levels is superb. I crashed more than once when distracted by some detail - a pulse of light racing along in front of you on the track - the floor pulsing to the tempo of the music - the quake is one of the most visually stunning effects I've ever seen in a game. This game is the shit.

Did anyone else get it?

Creator of the TEF pose

Postby [*TEF*]42 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:18 pm

sorry no, im guessing this is for a console like the xbox 360 or playstation 3 ...

Postby duuk74 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:08 pm

My friends and I were all blown away by the original Wipeout a long time ago. The intensity, the rush, the perfection. It was a game that demanded your full attention in order for you to master the game. But it was also one of the most rewarding games ever!! We played whole weekend sessions and it was a riot. Sounds like we should give HD a go some day.

EDIT:

I see now that it's only for the PS3. Sadly none of my friends own one.

Re: Wipeout HD

Postby viper » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:21 am

Thread resurrection.... sorry.

You still play Wipeout HD puz? Whats your PS3 ID? Wouldnt mind giving you a race :D

NS Dev

Postby puzl » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:40 am

been threatening to race shockwave for a while too.. I'll give you 1 guess what my psn id is ;)

i've also got SF4, but I have to admit I didn't really get into it so I hide from Shockwave so he won't give me a virtual bullying.

Postby viper » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:25 pm

Added ya you schlag. Not been accepted yet, so I guess I'll twiddle my thumbs while I wait :P

NS Dev

Postby puzl » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:56 pm

I'll log in tonight if i get a chance and accept... ps3 is in living room with music, tv, sofa and all other bits that I need to share with her majesty.

Postby viper » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:17 pm

Fury has been unleashed!

Call me Ann

Postby snb » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:51 am

Postby viper » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:38 pm

You're just jealous you dont own such an awesome game and games console!

YO Clan Member

Postby princess » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:54 pm

Call me Ann

Postby snb » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:23 pm

So clumsy even at such a young age!

Return to Other Games