[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
YO Gaming Community - View topic - Diablo 3 on the 28th ?

Diablo 3 on the 28th ?

A forum for other games that people may have a passing interest in, e.g. Dystopia, BF2 or anything else that might take our fancy from time to time.

Moderator: YO Members

Diablo 3 on the 28th ?

Postby illusion » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:28 am

"I Like Mankind, It's People I Can't Stand."

NS Dev

Postby puzl » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:24 am

Nope

WotLK.

Postby illusion » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:20 am

I'm not usually much for conspiracy theories but all my common sense goes right out of the window whenever someone mentions Diablo ! - so here goes:

the current image on splash page on blizzard.com has what in my(currently) twisted mind, looks a lot like two runes from Diablo and also, WWI starts on the 28th, and the 29th is the 8th year anniversary of Diablo 2.

God almighty someone needs to slap me soon.

NS Dev

Postby puzl » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:00 pm

There are also runes that sort of look like the the ones from Arthas' sword. None of the runes are exact, but they are probably all by the same art group.

The announcement is going to be at WWI.

And the 29th is not the 28th, so drop it from the equation.

I'll bet you a €20 dontation to a charity of the winner's choice that this is about WotLK.

Postby illusion » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:08 pm

You drive a hard bargain puzl ! but I am not ready to commit just yet - Let's see if another diablo like rune is revealed tomorrow, or if another picture from their CSS is found <o/ - Also, if you want to see people FAR more crazy than I am:

http://www.diablofans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8623

^ It is a lot of fun.

Postby illusion » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:34 am

-

What say you puzl ?

We already know that there will be playable demos of Wotlk and SC2 at the convention - and they have both been annouced, does it really make sense to make this kind of a fuzz over something everyone already knows about :o?

NS Dev

Postby puzl » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:17 am

It stands to reason. You think Blizzard would blow their three franchies in '08? With WotLK and SC2 in the next 12 months, they will need to ride those two bad boys for a while, specifically with an SC2 expansion in late '09 before they even think about announcing anything else new. They are working on a third game at the moment, they have admitted that. They are also in the early design phase of a new non-warcaft MMO, they have admitted that, but I think it would be silly to take from WotLK hype and SC2 hype with a third game in the pot.

The WWI has Wow, SC and D2 there. No surprises that the three franchises would be represented in the graphic.

I'm still willing to take that bet. I'm even willing to raise it to €50 to a charity of the winner's choice.

Postby illusion » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:58 am

Yes that is true, it would appear to be an incredibly stupid move to sack their own two titles with a third one. I don't understand why D2 would be at the WWI though, other as perhaps a 8th year anniversary celebration perhaps?

Also:

"So you want me to announce the game before our announcement?" he said. "No offense, but I think there's like 300 people here, and I'll be ripped apart by 8000 people there [at the Invitational] if I pre-announce it - but it's going to be really exciting. I think everybody here will be really excited about the announcement." - Rob Pardo, Executive Vice President of Game Design at Blizzard Entertainment.

Im not sure it would make sense to refer to wotlk or sc2 as a 'game announcement' considering that they have both been annouced already.

Postby illusion » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:03 pm

YO Clan Member

Postby Fluffy Kitten » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:07 pm

You seem convinced, and yet you're not taking puzl up on his bet...

YO Clan Member

Postby Obraxis » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:12 pm

Personally, I'm hoping for Warcraft 4 - though this seems unlikely what with StarCraft comign out soon and WoW eating up all moneys everywhere.

Postby illusion » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:51 am

NS Dev

Postby puzl » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:59 am

You missed the boat on the offer!

I now think D3 is on the cards. I still think WotLK is the more likely, but the weirdness with the forums is a strong hint towards d3.

Postby illusion » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:01 am

Ohh we have a believer !

Postby illusion » Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:17 am

Ohh - A little hope fades aye Puzl, you seen the new spalsh image ? Thats almost 100% Lich king :o

NS Dev

Postby puzl » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:40 am

I'm glad. Diablo will see the light of day again, but hopefully at a time when the world and it's uncle aren't addicted to SC2.

I think a D3 makes perfect sense for about 12 months after WotLK, to keep everyone busy while we wait for the next blizzard mmo ( world of starcraft perhaps? )

I'm still leaning towards the announcement being something to do with the WotLK beta.

Postby illusion » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:09 am

I am extremely confused at this latest update, because although those eyes do look at a first sight, like the Lich King's, they actually don't match up and neither does the thing between them, with his helmet.

Also the new rune is similar(some people say..) to a 'Viking compas' apparently, and the numbers of the jpegs are the so called "LOST" numbers

http://thelostnumbers.blogspot.com/

Its all nonsense to me :x

NS Dev

Postby puzl » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:23 am

Well, I hope you get what you want.

Either which way, I think this is possibly a valuable lesson in how people see patterns when they want to believe.

Postby illusion » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:43 am

Yes, actually its funny you should say that. I usually snicker a little when I see people analyzing pictures of videos of UFOs, or argue about the authenticity of the 'shroud of jesus' and so on. Because it is obvious that 95% of what they see is created in their own minds.

But this recent wave of internet-insanity, in which I have myself some part, has given me an interesting insight into how easy it is to create speculation and even invoke almost militant fury from some people.

On the few forums I follow concerning WWI, I have heard several people suggesting a 'mass-hate-mail' chain directed at Blizzard in the event of a non-Diablo3 annoucement, or to have as many people as possible close their wow-accounts. This is obviously futile and laughable, but also sort of scary :P

- And actually, the reason I did not take you up on that bet, was exactly because I actually feel like I have no basis for any kind of objective observations in this case, I can see Diablo 3 hints everywhere !

NS Dev

Postby puzl » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:32 am

Last edited by puzl on Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby illusion » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:34 am

Yes - this is without a doubt better than christmas

Postby CD. » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:51 pm

=FaW= CD.

Return to Other Games