[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
YO Gaming Community - View topic - Spore

Spore

A forum for other games that people may have a passing interest in, e.g. Dystopia, BF2 or anything else that might take our fancy from time to time.

Moderator: YO Members

NS Dev

Postby puzl » Fri May 09, 2008 10:18 am

Postby Aero^ » Fri May 09, 2008 10:35 am

YO Clan Member

Postby Flamez » Fri May 09, 2008 8:40 pm

NS Dev

Postby puzl » Sun May 11, 2008 10:33 am

YO Clan Member

Postby princess » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:05 am

I've had a little play with the Creature Creator and I've quite enjoyed myself. It's a bit pointless seeing as you can't really do anything with the creatures you make... yet. But this is definitely my kind of game. Can't wait for September!

Creator of the TEF pose

Postby [*TEF*]42 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:39 pm

Yeah got the creature creator myself. lots of fun making up creatures.. also if you upload them they will be used in the initial population of the Spore galaxy when people buy they're game.

I also found out I can get £5 off spore when it comes out if i take my reciept for the creature creator back to the game shop

Hope everyone is well

Tef

YO Clan Member

Postby princess » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:38 pm

:D

YO Clan Member

Postby Flamez » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:24 pm

Zomg ns2 art leak!!1

Postby zion » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:11 pm

got my copy this morning :D quite fun

Creator of the TEF pose

Postby [*TEF*]42 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:49 pm

Creator of the TEF pose

Postby [*TEF*]42 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:48 pm

Postby illusion » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:38 pm

"I Like Mankind, It's People I Can't Stand."

Creator of the TEF pose

Postby [*TEF*]42 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:53 pm

YO Clan Member

Postby princess » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:40 am

YO Clan Member

Postby Fluffy Kitten » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:01 pm

YO Clan Member

Postby princess » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:16 pm

YO Clan Member

Postby Fluffy Kitten » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:12 pm

YO Clan Member

Postby princess » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:19 pm

I'm hoping that because my copy is crashing before it loads (and thus can authenticate online) I should be okay.... maybe...

"Games are authorized to your machine when you first install and launch the game." -

Who knows....

YO Clan Member

Postby Fluffy Kitten » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:35 pm

You'll have to stop breaking your PC's aswell, as certain hardware changes count as new installs apparently.

Creator of the TEF pose

Postby [*TEF*]42 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:21 pm

well i'm nearly up to the last badge on the space stage..

TIP : if you want to stop having to look after your planets.. get the uber protection turret .. one per planet.. after getting civ 4 or warmonger 3 they are unlocked.. i shopped around and found them for 350k instead of 750k (homeworld)

Am looking forward to facing the Grox now (already whooped their ass once)

YO Clan Member

Postby Fluffy Kitten » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:57 pm

Yeah, but you still get attacked, and stuff still gets broken.
When I unlocked the uber turret I tried to spam them all over the place, thinking I was finally free of the retarded part of the space stage, only to be told "no you're only allowed 1 per planet for no reason, lol" and then watch them slowly oh-so-very-slowly take out enemy invasions while they bombed my cities.

Someone on the design team needs to be shot.

Postby Charybdis » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:34 pm

I was bored untill I reached the spage stage, after that, I removed the game. Good thing I did a try before buy (which was never going to happen due to the protection and 3 installs only)

NS Dev

Postby puzl » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:21 am

In future be skeptical of a good idea with a game built around it. We've seen it before in B&W where the pet training was interesting, but the RTS game that demanded your attention in order to build a context for your pet was absolutely horrifically boring. I can't help but think that Spore has a similar problem. Everyone seems to love a couple of aspects of the game but have major issues with the rest of it. Still, at least the game is doing well in terms of sales, PC gaming needs a few non-subscription hits a few times a year to survive.

Previous

Return to Other Games