[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
YO Gaming Community - View topic - EVE.

EVE.

A forum for other games that people may have a passing interest in, e.g. Dystopia, BF2 or anything else that might take our fancy from time to time.

Moderator: YO Members

Banned

Postby Mr.SmaSh » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:25 pm

"I'm stuck in the ways of being an ass."

Postby Shockwave » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:19 pm

You know, I redownloaded this as a trial, after pestering by a workmate.... and I'm actually enjoying it?

I almost feel bad saying it, but the sheer variation in everything is astounding, and it really is MUCH easier than it was when I first tried it to reach a point where you can compete with the big boys, because apart from limiting what you can/can't fly, you can be in a fight worthy ship in a mere day or two.

Hell, it's certainly a damn sight faster than reaching the point I can take on Epic geared WoW 70's (and I have one!)
[ Image | | | | ]

NS Dev

Postby puzl » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:20 pm

All moot points as soon as wipeout HD comes out ShockWave.

STALKED!

Resident YO Forum Troll

Postby MaD SrsH » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:22 pm

Hehe... You can get in a good ship very fast indeed, but it will take you months to be able to fit it for real PvP combat - like the big boys.

GAYLORD OF YO

Postby Rebellion » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:48 pm

Postby NiteFox » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:06 pm

Hear nein Evil, See nein Evil, Speak nein Evil

Postby LoneShark » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:14 pm

I started playing EVE about 6 weeks ago. Been missing a nice sci-fi game since I quit Anarchy Online back in 2006. If anyone want to say hi or send me a shitload of ISK so I can be uber, then send it to Wynning Blodtann. *wink wink*

Creator of the TEF pose

Postby [*TEF*]42 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:31 am

I quit playing EVE a few months ago after taking it back up... I did enjoy it a little, but just found it so empty and that when you did die you lost SO much..

I know people knock WOW a lot but if you get a lag spike or something in WOW you could Die and incur a charge of X amount of gold to get your gear repaired..

In EVE you could lose your ship, your pod and millions worth of ISK in ships, gear.. not to mention the time to get it..
Also I still don't like the idea that you just CANNOT catch those that have been playing it since day 1. Although i know this doesn't matter in terms of SOME fights and SOME situations, but 1 on 1 depending on things your pretty much bound to lose.

Postby NiteFox » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:51 am

Hear nein Evil, See nein Evil, Speak nein Evil

YO Clan Member

Postby princess » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:20 am

Postby Chris3h » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:05 pm

I took this game up again briefly with my old character. Of course I had forgotten I turned to the dark side (piracy) before quitting and was stuck at -5.7 sec rating. Almost nothing has changed, the lag is now 3 times worse, pvp is all about who has the most ships/accounts and missions are still boring as hell.

I still love the game for what it is, the adrenaline rush you get in PvP is unmatched by any game I have ever played. I just don't have the patience for it anymore. I'll just stick with WoW until the new star wars MMO arrives.

Also hai TEF!!!

Creator of the TEF pose

Postby [*TEF*]42 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:01 pm

hai Chris3h, nice to see you around

GAYLORD OF YO

Re: EVE.

Postby Rebellion » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:08 am

pfft you're all weak.

Postby CheesyPeteza » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:25 pm

I played this when it was in beta and thought it was boring as hell, maybe its got better though. I remember mining then going and selling in some far off place, then back to mine more. The journey took ages... After 6 hours I said to myself wtf are you doing and never played again.

I loved WOW when I played that in beta, so much I said I must never touch this when it comes out of beta, it's dangerous...

We should have a beta forum where we let each other know about new betas coming up so we can all sign up. :)
CP

Computer Ninja

Postby LaYkE » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:05 pm

Make it happen admin.

Creator of the TEF pose

Postby [*TEF*]42 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:34 pm

*Tef casts resurrection spell on EVE thread*

Someone i'm playing online games with has got me to reactivate one of my accounts. Anyone else actually playing this anymore?

YO Clan Member

Postby MrYiff » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:18 pm

yep, i dont spend as much time in EVE as id like these days but i still play when i can

GAYLORD OF YO

Postby Rebellion » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:00 pm

I am.. got three accounts :D
Still in Curatores Veritatis Alliance too

Postby Dr.SmaSh » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:41 am

I r pew pewing my way across the galaxy - plundering, pillaging, raping, molesting and drinking cocktails with little umbrellas in em.

Previous

Return to Other Games