Server Code of Conduct:
Our clan servers are public servers so we welcome any players to come and play on them. However, there are some rules that we would like people to abide by to ensure a pleasant gaming environment for all. YO are generally a laid-back bunch of Admins, but when people try our patience they are likely to regret it.
A summary of these rules can be found on any YO server by typing /rules in chat mode. It is therefore the responsibility of everyone playing on our servers to read and comprehend them, and to abide by them when playing. Ignorance of these rules will not be an acceptable excuse in the event that you are caught breaking any of them.
- Be friendly and pleasant to all other players that are on the server, regardless of their skill. This means no "n00b bashing" or other attempted displays of so-called "l33tism". Abusive or offensive players will be kicked from the server or banned.
- Play to the objective. Yes, CS and NS are played for fun but if you choose to frag whore then perhaps you should be playing Quake for fun instead.
- Don't accuse players of cheating unless you have proof. No one likes a good game to be marred by allegations of cheating. We have some very good players who regularly play on the servers so be aware of who you accuse.
- If you do suspect someone of cheating, record a demo and then report it in the #yo-clan irc channel or post a link to the demo on these forums. It makes the life of an Admin so much easier if there is a demo to watch. Make sure you get the name and preferably the Steam ID of the suspect.
- People caught cheating will be dealt with harshly: permanent bans are the usual punishment.
- If friendly fire is ON be careful of who you shoot at. Deliberate Team Wounding / Team Killing will not be tolerated and persistant team wounding/killing will result in a permanent ban.
- Please do not advertise or recruit whilst on our servers. We do not do it on yours so please return the courtesy.
- Use a proper name when on the servers. Names such as "Player", "no name" etc may be kicked. If you are kicked for using these names then dont come crying to us. Simlarly, people using names that are deliberately intended to cause offence should expect to be kicked or banned.
- Displaying the YO| clan tag by people who aren't in the clan is not allowed.
- Racism, sexism and other such "isms" will not be tolerated (with the exception of organisms).
- Common sense rules apply: dont do anything that you think will annoy/offend an Admin or other players on the server.
- The Admin's word is final.
Because NS has its own unique aspects of gameplay, there are a few additional rules specific to it:
- Do not deliberately exploit game or map flaws, for example by building outside the map or in areas that players would not normally have access to. This includes dropping phase gates or chambers behind doors that need to be welded open before anyone can get inside. Exploiting is considered cheating, and will be treated as such.
- Do not deliberately waste resources by, for example, dropping six comm chairs at the start of the game.
- If you are a good player and you know that there are other good players on the server too, please join opposite teams or when requested to do so by an admin to prevent unbalanced games.
- Marine commanders should not sell the base to end the game (this includes with the intention of ending the game by selling for ex. the Arms Lab, all the infantry portals or some of the infantry portals) unless the aliens are being lame and spawncamping for frags when they control the entire map.
- Do not vote to eject the commander unless someone else is prepared to do the job.
- Be tolerant of people who may be new to the game - they can't all be as good as you think you are.
- Do not drop structures with the intention of blocking aliens as comm.
- Do not F4 if you are losing the game or with the intention of ending the game.