Very unpleasent player on your NS2 server

All matters relating to the Natural Selection 1 & 2 side of the community.

Moderator: YO Members

Nemesis6

Very unpleasent player on your NS2 server

Post by Nemesis6 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:55 pm

Name: "Apollo". I shrugged off his rudeness on the mic initially, and ran into him again yesterday. He started calling me useless and started talking about how some players should play combat and blah blah blah so I eventually left. I figured I'd inform you since your first server rule is:

"Be friendly and pleasant to all players on the server, regardless of their skill. This means no "n00b bashing" or other attempted displays of so-called "l33tism". Abusive or offensive players will be kicked from the server or banned."
The few times I've played on your servers, I've gotten the impression that your servers are not a friendly environment. That is to say, the above player is not the only one acting like this. In any case, all the best.

Vlad
YO Clan Member

Re: Very unpleasent player on your NS2 server

Post by Vlad » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:08 pm

Nemesis6 wrote:Name: "Apollo". I shrugged off his rudeness on the mic initially, and ran into him again yesterday. He started calling me useless and started talking about how some players should play combat and blah blah blah so I eventually left. I figured I'd inform you since your first server rule is:

"Be friendly and pleasant to all players on the server, regardless of their skill. This means no "n00b bashing" or other attempted displays of so-called "l33tism". Abusive or offensive players will be kicked from the server or banned."
Thanks for the report, we'll keep an eye out for them in future and take action if necessary.
Nemesis6 wrote:The few times I've played on your servers, I've gotten the impression that your servers are not a friendly environment. That is to say, the above player is not the only one acting like this. In any case, all the best.
It's a shame you feel that way, it's certainly not the kind of reputation we want. While I won't dispute the experience you've reported on our server, please be aware that we only run a single NS2 server. There was a "fake" YO Clan server for a while which we obviously have no admin on to remove trouble makers.

Either way, sorry you've not enjoyed playing on our server and I hope you find an NS2 community you can enjoy being a part of. :) If you do find yourself back on the server, please report trouble makers to us, either with "!admin <message>" in chat on the server, directly to an admin on steam (Any of the group officers here) or on #yo-clan on Quakenet IRC

snb
Call me Ann

Post by snb » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:15 pm

Apollo is a good guy and wouldn't go off like that without good reason. If you're one of those players who are new to the game but also refuse to communicate and learn from others in any way, I don't really blame him. There's a huge difference in being elitist and expecting people not to play like it's singleplayer.

Ballboy

Post by Ballboy » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:36 pm

Phew :oops: this topic wasn't about me....erm yeh.. that Apollo.... grrr .... :lol:

Joking aside hes a good chap and quite level headed. Something must have narked him :evil:

Nemesis6

Post by Nemesis6 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:35 am

snb wrote:Apollo is a good guy and wouldn't go off like that without good reason. If you're one of those players who are new to the game but also refuse to communicate and learn from others in any way, I don't really blame him. There's a huge difference in being elitist and expecting people not to play like it's singleplayer.
Calling people stupid for asking a question --- I asked if we had/would soon have weapons or something when he was commander, then he just snapped and went into this monologue about how he couldn't believe people were this stupid, etc.

He's an elitist, and a bully, so I just mute him and do what I can to not play with him. I haven't had any problems since then, so it's all good.

Vlad
YO Clan Member

Post by Vlad » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:03 pm

Nemesis6 wrote:I haven't had any problems since then, so it's all good.
So you've not played with snb?

Ballboy

Post by Ballboy » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:43 am

Vlad wrote:
Nemesis6 wrote:I haven't had any problems since then, so it's all good.
So you've not played with snb?
I'd guess he hasn't, most first 'snb encounters' result in the victim burning their computer and hiding under the stairs for three weeks :grin2:

MartyMcFly

Post by MartyMcFly » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:56 am

Most of the Regs have a love/hate relationship and if I'm honest, that's a big part of the appeal for the server.