[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
YO Gaming Community - View topic - Remove ns2_descent?

Remove ns2_descent?

All matters relating to the Natural Selection 1 & 2 side of the community.

Moderator: YO Members

Remove ns2_descent from the mapcycle?

Yes
50%
No
25%
Not bothered
25%

Total votes : 16
YO Clan Member

Remove ns2_descent?

Postby princess » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:25 pm

Yay or nay? In fact, what would be your ideal mapcycle on the server?

CULLED!

Re: Remove ns2_descent?

Postby Scant.en » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:35 pm

Descent is horribad. Worse than mineshaft. I'm not gonna be mean and demand it's removal if it's frequency can just be reduced (for example once a day at 4am :flame:) but if there isn't such an option in the map list than I'd rather it were gone than stay. I feel similarly about mineshaft and still hate it less than descent.

Ideally I'd like to see a couple of maps like maybe le ns2_jambon bunged in to see how they play out on pub and mix things up occasionally.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") Why is there are rabbit in my signature...?

Call me Ann

Postby snb » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:53 pm

ns2_tram
ns2_refinery
ns2_veil
ns2_summit
ns2_mineshaft
ns2_docking

Call me Ann

Postby snb » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:57 am

why would anyone ever vote no for this complete piece of shit?

SHOW YOURSELF

YO Clan Member

Postby Obraxis » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:36 am

I like it. Games I've had I've enjoyed and I had a number of people ask for it to be on the map list when it was removed before on YO.

YO Clan Member

Postby Ah forget it » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:00 am

I like it too, balance may need tweaking but it's nice to have another map to play.

Call me Ann

Postby snb » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:38 am

Postby tappi » Sat May 04, 2013 4:28 pm

Postby CheesyPeteza » Sat May 04, 2013 8:13 pm

I don't particularly hate descent any more than mineshaft or refinery. I think they' re all pretty poor.

My main issue with the map cycle at the moment is that there is 4 good maps and 3 bad ones, so it seems every other map is a bad map and it pisses me off as I don't play that much.

I don't want to see them gone completely because just playing 4 maps is boring. Is there anyway we can just reduce the amount of time the 3 poor maps are in rotation? It doesn't seem to be possible from the little I have read about the map cycle.
CP

Call me Ann

Postby snb » Sun May 05, 2013 6:16 am

Descent does possibly have potential of some day being a playable map as long as drastic changes actually happen. Refinery and Mineshaft have proven to be lost causes no matter what gets changed IMO, but right now both of them actually play better than Descent. I say remove it at least until the next version, see if it's fixed then, and if yes it can replace Refinery or Mineshaft and get one of two sought-after "bad map" spots.

YO Clan Member

Postby georonin » Sun May 05, 2013 7:24 am

I disagree,

I love decent and when it does not play well it ends fast unless you have a troll team.

It is actually one of my favorite maps with reasonably balanced teams.
GeoRonin

Call me Ann

Postby snb » Sun May 05, 2013 11:58 am

Uuuuhm you haven't played NS2 in like 2 months? Try playing it now that people figured out all you need to do is secure Hydro. The map plays like shit and you can literally not claim otherwise no matter if you like the map for whatever strange reason or not.

YO Clan Member

Postby georonin » Mon May 06, 2013 3:51 pm

I do still play fairly regally, its just with my broken PC im lucky if I manage more than 1 match befor I crash
GeoRonin

Postby CheesyPeteza » Mon May 06, 2013 9:30 pm

CP

YO Clan Member

Postby georonin » Tue May 07, 2013 9:58 am

Motherboards a bit fucked basically (Half my ram slots don't work, things stop working randomly) so not to bad to fix, but being unemployed just now I cant afford to replace it just yet (I will soon however)
GeoRonin

Postby CheesyPeteza » Tue May 07, 2013 5:13 pm

CP

YO Clan Member

Postby Obraxis » Wed May 08, 2013 2:18 pm

YO Clan Member

Postby georonin » Wed May 08, 2013 2:48 pm

cheers for the offer but I should be able to afford a new one soon :)

The main thing I would say is we should add some of the custom maps that re good rather than remove any to give more variation.
GeoRonin

Postby CheesyPeteza » Wed May 08, 2013 4:40 pm

Lots of different opinions here. Perhaps a vote map would be the fairest?
CP

Postby Ernil » Thu May 09, 2013 6:32 am

Not a big fan of the map, but id hate it if we only had a few maps to cycle, since it gets boring rather fast. Even if the map is crap as all of you stated so far, i still prefer to have it in the cycle just to spice things up >)

Postby Paul-Hewson » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:33 pm

Love all maps, even the worse one because you can still have big challenging game full of laugh & fun. Just got out of a funny minecraft and last sunday a terrible one on refinery.
The maps aren't really the problem of "boring" game, it's relying on the team balance itself.
Princess' Knight, BattleSheep, PomPomGorgePrincess'

Return to Natural Selection 1 & 2