Ban for silent comm

All matters relating to the Natural Selection 1 & 2 side of the community.

Moderator: YO Members

CheesyPeteza

Ban for silent comm

Post by CheesyPeteza » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:14 pm

I think we should ban comms who do not speak via mic or text chat at all during a game.

Thoughts?
CP

princess
YO Clan Member

Re: Ban for silent comm

Post by princess » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:27 pm

Ban seems a bit harsh. Yes communication (or rather a lack of) is really frustrating, but you don't know if its an idiot who seems to think he has stumbled upon a singleplayer game with numpty bots, or just someone new and struggling and afraid of asking.

Image I'm a twit

CheesyPeteza

Post by CheesyPeteza » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:34 pm

Either way I don't see a problem, just temp ban I am thinking to let them realise this is not acceptable.
CP

Scant.en
CULLED!

Post by Scant.en » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:35 am

princess wrote:...but you don't know if its an idiot who seems to think he has stumbled upon a singleplayer game with numpty bots...
:lol:
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") Why is there are rabbit in my signature...?

Obraxis
YO Clan Member

Post by Obraxis » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:37 am

We have a number of deaf players who like to comm. If they are not even typing then you can always eject them. If they keep doing it and not listening to the team you can kick. I dont think it's worthy of a ban unless they troll like selling up at the start of s game or spend all the res on armories.

snb
Call me Ann

Post by snb » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:15 am

People playing singleplayer in a multiplayer game are a waste of a server slot. In other words, fuck yes.

Thorondor123
YO Clan Member

Post by Thorondor123 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:12 pm

Obraxis wrote:We have a number of deaf players who like to comm. If they are not even typing then you can always eject them. If they keep doing it and not listening to the team you can kick. I dont think it's worthy of a ban unless they troll like selling up at the start of s game or spend all the res on armories.
Hear hear

Vlad
YO Clan Member

Post by Vlad » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:44 pm

Obraxis wrote:We have a number of deaf players who like to comm. If they are not even typing then you can always eject them. If they keep doing it and not listening to the team you can kick. I dont think it's worthy of a ban unless they troll like selling up at the start of s game or spend all the res on armories.
Pretty much.

If they're doing a good job as comm it doesn't matter if they're talking or not. If they seem a bit clueless and won't communicate or take pointers then eject them, either via vote (or sv_eject for admins). It's not even worthy of a kick though, never mind a ban unless they're selling base straight away or otherwise being a cock.

Ah forget it
YO Clan Member

Post by Ah forget it » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:44 am

Kick not a ban for me.

CheesyPeteza

Post by CheesyPeteza » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:36 pm

One reason hadn't occurred to me, they might not speak English. MedPack guy wouldn't give us carapace and was completely silent not answering anything. I remember they were a French clan. We ejected so someone could get carapace. Once ejected he spoke in chat for the first time "I am bad comm".

Why does that always happen, completely silent whole game. As soon as they are ejected they speak...

Drives me nuts. I don't mind a bad comm if they speak and have a plan, even if it's a crap one. Its a team game and they are the commander, how can you plan anything together without speaking. To me it means its no longer a team game when the comm is silent, which ruins the game for me.
CP

Scant.en
CULLED!

Post by Scant.en » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:33 pm

Thorondor123 wrote:
Hear hear
At the risk of repeating myself:

:roflmao:

I do also hate silent comms though. That said, if they are silent it's better to just pipe up and handle the tactics yourself than let the team rambo. Unless you're GeoRonin perhaps, who would be better served by a 'push not to talk' button than 'push to talk' :grin2:.

(In other news, why is there a grin2 and not a grin1?)
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") Why is there are rabbit in my signature...?