YO Charity Donation 2013

Forum for general honest to goodness bonding. Babblers, spammers and all visitors welcome.

Moderator: YO Members

princess
YO Clan Member

YO Charity Donation 2013

Post by princess » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:40 pm

We YO Clan admins are blessed that we live in various countries that offer us all healthcare, clean water, education and (varying amounts of) freedom and equality.

Each YO member donates a fair amount of money each year to keep the server and the community going. We don't always need to spend all of these 'YO subs' on our (and your!) frivolous gaming addiction and so we like to give a bit back each year wherever we can.

We have previously donated annually to some UK based charities, such as WWF, Cancer Research UK and Macmillan Cancer Nurses, as well as donating towards UWE projects and NS2 tournament fund prizes.

This year we'd like your input.

Would you like to nominate a charity to receive our 2013 donation? We'd love to hear from you.

If we receive enough suggestions, we will hold a poll and the winning charity will be sent our donation. Perhaps you're planning to run a marathon? Perhaps you've received help from a charity yourself and would love to pay it back some help? Perhaps you just know of a deserving cause that could do with a bit of extra money?

We don't have much but we want to help. If you would like to be a part of our charity donation (currently totalling at around £200) please send your donation via paypal to [email protected] and include your name (if you want recognition) and say that you want your contribution to be part of the YO charity donation, or contact me via forum PM or Steam Friends chat for other methods.

We hope you enjoy playing on the YO servers. We love providing the NS2 YO server, but we'd love more if you'd show your kindness by donating towards a charity alongside our collection. Think of it as LiveAid, but with less music and more gaming!

All money received for charity donations will be spent on charity donations. We will not spend it on drugs, booze and hookers no matter how much Thantos demands it.

EDIT:

You can donate anonymously if you wish to do so by contacting me in advance.

You can also nominate a charity anonymously if you wish to do so by sending me a forum PM or steam chat and expressing your wish to stay anonymous.

I promise to keep all anonymous requests secret, cus I'm well good at that :)

Image I'm a twit

Thorondor123
YO Clan Member

Re: YO Charity Donation 2013

Post by Thorondor123 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:47 pm

Cancer research sounds good. I'm not too familiar with international or UK based charities, so as long as it has good reputation (and is preferably non-religious) I'm up for it. I already mentioned Water.org and Rebellion's Kitty Shelter on IRC, so that can be my contribution in the nominations front.

Rebellion
GAYLORD OF YO

Post by Rebellion » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:54 pm

GISP

Post by GISP » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:24 pm

Have no money atm. Can i donate a NS2 key? :)

princess
YO Clan Member

Post by princess » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:07 am

Hi GISP, you fake YO'er you :P We love you.

A key would be great. Perhaps we could do a YO raffle to win the key? Get some extra YO money?

Or maybe even a YO auction for a Shadow upgrade thing, or something even better............. I can't think what's better though. Except maybe Shadow upgrade and a night alone in a dark room with Obraxis.

Image I'm a twit

mikemike

Post by mikemike » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:07 am

My vote is for Action for Children. I've done a bit of volunteer work for them before, as I know the money is used well, rather than on silly offices/expenses/etc.

I can put you in touch with my contact there if anything comes with it.

Ta

Thantos
YO Clan Member

Post by Thantos » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:31 pm

I personally have nothing spesifict in my mind (expect the hookers and booze) but im sure we'l figure out a good cause, however ill make sure to throw some extra money for it myself.

N1KE
Britney Spears Fan

Post by N1KE » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:36 pm